EDM Operator – First Shift
Cling’s Aerospace, LLC in Tempe is seeking exceptional talent to join our team! We are looking for an experienced EDM Operator with at least five years of experience.
- Set up and run multiple EDM machines (Mitsubishi wire, Charmilles CNC sinker).
- During extended cycle times, operate other machinery (CNC Mill), as required.
- Safely operate all machines ensuring product quality and quantity are not compromised.
- Assist with creating custom tooling or fixturing as necessary.
- Maintain machine cleanliness and organized work area.
- Reviews setup sheets and specifications to determine setup procedure, EDM sequence and dimensions of finished work piece.
- Attaches fixtures to machine and positions and secures work piece in fixture according to setup instructions, using clamps, bolts, hand tools, power tools, and measuring instruments, such as ruler and caliper.
- Loads programs per machine media (disk, ethernet line or hand punch).
- Manipulates controls and enters commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and to start machine.
- Observes machine operation to detect malfunctions.
- Measures work piece for conformance to specification, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, dial indicators and gages.
- Adjusts machine feed and speed according to specifications when automatic programming is faulty or the machine malfunctions.
- Minimum of five years successful experience setting up and operating EDM wire and sinker machines; experience with Mitsubishi wire and Charmilles CNC sinker machines preferred.
- Experience with Esprit programming preferred.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Proficiency with various materials including aluminum, steel and stainless steel.
- Qualified candidates will have their own tools.
- Strong understanding of GD&T.
Cling’s Aerospace serves the aerospace and defense industry with high quality component parts machined to our customer’s expectations. We work in a clean and bright space where employee input is sought and acted on. We offer our employees a competitive benefit plan including 100% employer paid medical insurance for employee-only coverage and offer a generous subsidy for family coverage. We also offer a Health Savings Account with employer contributions, 401(k) retirement savings plan with generous employer matching funds, paid vacation and holidays and we even pay you to take your birthday off! Length of service requirements may need to be met to participate in some benefit options. We get together as a team for lunch once a month to share important information, celebrate our employees and have some fun while eating a company-provided meal.
If you are interested in working for a great company dedicated to customer and employee success, please join us by applying today!
Compensation is dependent on experience, but we take pride in our commitment to paying competitive wages.
Please send your application material to firstname.lastname@example.org.